Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Battle of the Blogs

Keeping a diary and penning your thoughts in it was the in-thing not so long ago. A diary was considered a big possession and meant to be a secret thing. Reading other people's diaries was considered a bad thing and frowned upon. Girls were more possessive about it than guys. Well, that was back..centuries ago! The days have changed and we are living in tomorrow!

"Blogs" have now become the in-thing..and..if u have a blog and get quite a lot of hits, you are considered kewl. People love reading blogs and love to aggrate the RSS of fav blogs and keep uptodate on stuff. Companies seem to use blogs in quite a nice way too. Interesting bits of news are released on blogs and build up excitement. Its now become casual talk when u say - "you know about blah.. I read about it quite a long time ago on Mr. Blah's blog". It carries a lot of importance and has become a prestigious thing to read blogs of companies.

I am sure that the reading bit is very easy, but, the writing bit is kinda tough...especially for people like me..who dont want to share personal stuff online, but still keep an identity. Back when I started blogging, I used it like a diary and didnt really want to attract much attention..just a place to put ones thoughts. Well, then things changed and wars were fought. With this blog id, I try to mix and match between techy stuff and stuff like..well..this one. I do prefer to lean a bit more on the techy side of things..especially to do with technologies I love - Flash, Fireworks and "Sparkle". I plan to do so after August. For now, it will be what it is!

No comments: