Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Its all Dynamic!

The "Layout" days are finally over! The V6 of my site has now got a face. My ideas with the V5, which is, currently online and still half-baked, didnt spark well enough. I had some troubles with the structure and flexibiltiy it allowed...plus.. the Data Management System, which, I had created for it, wasnt good enough.

I've scrapped the good old structure that I had been following for quite sometime now, and, made a totally new one. The new structure works on "feeds". All the information - text and images come to it as XML feeds and fits into the layout, which, basically speaking, is just a skeleton. ASP.NET will still be there in the background to make management easier. Yeah, this is normal stuff that people do and very close to what I have been doing so far with my sites. What really takes the cake is the CMS that I've already started working on..again..created using Flash and ASP.NET. It would allow me to update the feeds and set them as "active" and "inactive". "Inactive" feeds will be archived automatically. Its nothing special really! The coding part is very simple and all possible without much effort or too much thinking.

I've scrapped plans of putting up my Blog into the site. The simpler and more ideal thing to do, would be, to aggregate this blog as an RSS feed. I havent really decided on the sections yet. It would be more in terms of user preferences. So, Regular Menu is also being scrapped, for a more suitable option.

One thing is for sure..there will be an "Image Gallery"!

Its all been planned, mouse to the mouse pad.. I just need to get on with the coding. :)

No comments: