Thursday, June 01, 2006

"fanaa"-ed!

So we went for a movie yesterday! It wasnt Da Vinci Code..which comes to theatres here today, by the way. The movie wasn't really Star Wars type. It was a typical Bollywood flick..keeping to all its usual masala - songs, dances, dress changing, comedy etc.. On my scale, it would make 2/10 and I would suggest you go see it..only if..only if..u are totally bored and are very desperate to see a movie and live a theatre experience.

If you are wondering what "Fanaa" means, it means "destroyed in love". Its an Aamir Khan, Kajol starrer. Kajol's a blind Kashmiri girl and Aamir is a "terrorist on a mission". I am not going to play story teller here..maybe that would make u go see the movie!

First up, the thing I noticed - usually the heroine's friends look good...they still have silly names - Fatty (for Fathima) and Bobo! Strangely, they dont appear after the first part of the movie. The music is good and luckily the speakers in the theatre didnt sound flat and "trebled"! I liked the "Moula" track. Its seems to become a trend to have guitar riffs in songs these days..which is kewl! I also liked the patriotic dance track - not just the music, but also the picturization. The locations and shots are kewl too.

Well, if you are a "shayari" fan, it has some nice ones - some easy to understand and some others that will make you go buy that book you always wanted - "Understanding Shayarii for Dummies". There were some nice ones that I thought - I must remember this to quote in my impress my girlfriend ;-) But..I dont remember any! Would that go and make me see the movie? Well..uhh..NOPE!

Funny ones:
Movies have their funny moments.. not comedy scenes..like..for instance...
1. Once Kajol learns that Aamir is the wanted terrorist, she SOSes the military people via radio. They tell her - "we'll arrive tomorrow morning"..uhhh?
2. Ok, so the dude has killed a person and has come home. You know that he is a terrorist..what do u do, jack? what do u do? Umm..lets see..I drive to radio the military officials with my kid and wait there! Surely, my hubby is going to show up there..and..by the way..my hubby is the terrorist!
3. Heros always run their distance!
4. Right after an eye operation, doctors ask you to identify dead bodies?
5. Ahh yes and the best one - Terrorists use cellphones and radios to update information..like "I am having the trigger (aka detonator for the nuke!) and I will meet u at Blah place". They also call each other using real names..not code words.

Ok, I am not going to say these things anymore..I am hoping that'll get u to watch the flick! :)

No comments: