Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010..

Every year, I write my new year's post a few days before or on the eve of the 1st of January. This year, why shouldn't it be any different? It should, so I am typing up this one a few days later! J

Before I really start pouring in the words, I would first like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I am sure this year should be better than the year just gone.

Somehow, 2009 didn't seem the best to me. I remember grumbling about how artificial people were and how life's gotten a bit "routine" in my new years' eve blog post. Something in my gut didn't feel right back then. Maybe it was the alcohol odour mixed with the cigarette smoke that gave me the tummy ache. Just as the old saying goes – "What happens on the first day of the year will keep happening", the whole year was kind of a tummy ache in ways. The economy did a "rolli polli" and a lot of things didn't shape up too well because of that!

At work, most understandably, we didn't get our yearly appraisals (the money part!), but many of us did walk away with promotions and bonuses. For now, things seem a lot better at the workplace – more organized and more interesting. We have a kewl new boss and we kinda seem to think alike in some ways, so, as far as I am concerned, it has become more "developer-friendly" from "banner-friendly".

A year into being a married man certainly changed me. Marriage isn't about added responsibilities, it about being more committed, thoughtful and a whole lot more. It is nice to keep telling people we understand each other perfectly. There have been instances where we didn't, but, because we understood each other perfectly, we made each other understand what we didn't understand and made sure we understood each other perfectly the next time we didn't understand each other. Confusing, huh? Well, that is the way we deal with it and laugh about it all through. We both know we love each other a lot and we will understand each other well.

When I bid adieu to Lucy (my previous dog), I couldn't think of having another other dog. It took me a lot of time to cope up with the loss of Lucy. My "perfect family" picture always had a dog in it. We had to have one and we do. We added Snoopy to our family and he is our sweetheart J

A few years ago, when I couldn't really drive much, except in a straight-line, I drove this lovely car – The Fiat Palio 1.2 Sport. It roared and rocketed as we drove through the campus. I had selected the car I would buy, back then. Of course, it had to be red and more powerful than its predecessor. Luckily for me, Fiat brought out the 1.6 Sport in Formula Red. It took me a few years and 2009 had to be the year I bought my first car – A Formula Red colour Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport. I added a Sony Xplod system and things rock while we rocket into the distance.

A lot of my friends' got married, got new jobs, went abroad, came back home etc..

"Every cloud has a silver lining". 2009 wasn't the best of the year in many ways. I had my fair share of good luck and I am thankful for that!

2010, I am sure would be more awesome – the CS5 Suite would release, Flash Builder 4 would release, Sony Xperia X10 would release, Linkin Park should release their new album (I hope), I will get my driver's licence, Schumi's back to F1 with a Alo/Mas pairing at Ferrari, we will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary and Snoops' first b'day and a whole lot more.

Generally, I don't let out my New years' Resolutions. This time, I will be different. Here are some of mine:

  1. I will become more "health conscious" – eat less oily stuff, more veggies and fruits, exercise regularly
  2. I will throw away a huge chunk of my lethargy.
  3. Travel more, take more pictures, work at my photography skills and maybe get my lens J
  4. Build and streamline my application development portfolio a lot more.
  5. I will be less sarcastic and reduce the "at-ur-face" stuff J

At the end of 2010, I hope I am as successful as I was at the end of 2009. I am sure I will be able to check off atleast 4/5 of the above. J

3 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Good luck, my good friend! A very interesting summary!

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year!

ciMpLy KJ said...

ha ha .. when u say u would keep atleast 4 out of the 5 resolutions, the 5th one is more important dude. Do keep that one. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great template! Nice blog web application