Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another year...so wat?

It is Jan 1, 2009! Happy New Year everybody!

By now, the new year celebrations are almost over. Some 25% of the people are at work punching on their keypads cursing their boss' for making them work today, another 10-15% of the people are still asleep after the party, some 3-5% of the people are thinking that they will change this year and make 2009 really count as a big year for themselves, around 10% of the people are busy doing things they love and spending time with the family and finally there are 10% of the mass who, like me, think "It is another year..so?"

I will be a year older, may sit at the same seat talking about the same kind of things, it will be the same even this year. Nothing much is going to change. People will still fight, kill and the tolerance levels will still decline. People will still talk about events that terrorize and keep us worried. What is really there to celebrate? "New Year Resolutions" is the most over-rated, hyped phrase, says Jim..and Jim is right!

The above paragraphs of this post might make you think I am a total loser, huh? Well, I am not. I live a happy and successful life with my family. It is just that the whole "New year buzz" has got me thinking a bit. A lot of it seems so artificial to me.

2009-01-01 is a great day to reflect upon the past and make changes to make today better. I remember a saying – "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

1 comment:

ciMpLy KJ said...

Hmmm .. I agree for some of your statements coz I have the same feelings .. very rarely do I have any resolutions.

But for some, this is a very good time to evaluate the past year and plan for the coming one. My ex boss is one such guy. He not only used to make plans for himself, but also made us do plans like "60-day plan" .. ha ha, its an other thing that we only planned the work and never worked the plan .. work was hectic u c ...

But ya, the point I am trying to drive is that there are people who do make and "KEEP" their resolutions .. and well, for rest of us normal beings, may be we take this time to just browse through the past year and welcome the new year with open arms.