Sunday, September 10, 2006

The End is the Beginning

Earlier this month, Andre Agassi announced his retirement. I am a big Agassi fan. I felt sad that the time had come. Well, today.. it came.. another big announcement - Michael Schumacher announced his retirement from racing after a splendid victory at Monza, Italy. I kinda knew this was going to happen. This was being debated about so much that the news was actually out! Its once again a sad part of such a wonderful day in my life.

We'll talk about Andre in a seperate post. For now, its all about the man of the moment - Schumi. You could say I grew up with him. I've watched all 7 of his championships, 90 wins, ruthless controversial tussels with the likes of Damon Hill and Mika Hakkinen, teams he changed, good times and bad times. Its almost as if I knew the guy! So, you can imagine what a huge fan I have been of the man! My biggest moment came when he joined Ferrari. Ferrari have always been my favourite. Add the man to the team and it was a mighty combination! Rules and F1 racing has changed to make sure every season isnt a "red wash".

He is certainly at the top of my Heroes List, whatever anyone says. His passion, grit, determination, cheekiness are qualities I admire the most. I knew it was coming when I saw Corinna Schumacher in the pits. She doesnt come to races that often and is usually always there when anything big is coming. Well, this was the day and about 30mins ago! Schumi made the announcement after taking his 90th Victory and getting Ferrari ahead of Renault in the Constructors championship.

2007 will see a new Ferrari line-up - Kimi Raikkonen and Fellipe Massa. I've always wanted to see Kimi at Ferrari. He is another man who has the qualities I admire the most. The "Ice man" will fit into Schumi's boots perfectly..and..maybe even better the champion. Its going to be awesomely exciting! Most truly - "Every cloud has a silver lining!"

For the rest of the season, I wish my hero "All the best" and I am sure he will win the title. It has been a presentation of sorts for my B'day!

I made a Red Ferrari Sony Ericsson W300i theme. You can download it here - http://www.flashofscarlet.com/Downloads/w300ithme.zip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow this is one old post... I came across it when i googled for a kimi raikonnen theme :P

I think he's doing a pretty great job right now, glad he shifted to ferrari :D He just one the season opener yesterday which was so cool :D

The theme is really nice btw :D